We are not accepting submissions at the present time. We will post news of our next submission window on our website and social media.
Thank you to all who submitted during our open window earlier this year.
With warm wishes,
What we publish
including contemporary, historical and crime novels, and short story collections
Nb. We ONLY read fiction submissions at specific times of the year and we cannot respond outside these windows.
including documentary comics, graphic reportage, fiction, memoir and life writing, graphic medicine
Before sending, please refer to the notes below about what we publish and what to send.
including memoir and life writing
We publish a select list of literary and feminist narrative nonfiction. Our general rule, particularly when considering memoir, is that the book needs to be bigger than the author’s own story. Please don’t simply send us a proposal; we need to see a complete manuscript.
What interests us
We are looking for great stories, original voices and ideas, and excellent writing. We want to see manuscripts that will open readers’ eyes to new experiences and new ways of seeing or understanding the world.
What doesn’t interest us
We don’t publish in the areas below, and will not be able to respond to these submissions:
- Young adult fiction, children’s books, horror, science fiction, fantasy, plays or poetry
- Books that have been previously published or self-published (in print or as ebooks) unless you are a graphic novelist
- Books that have been or are about to be published in the USA
Myriad accepts submissions from literary agents as well as directly from authors. Before submitting a manuscript, please explore this website and read about the other books we’ve published recently to ensure that it fits with the style and themes of our list.
How to submit
Please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Why you think Myriad is the right publisher for the book you’re submitting
- Details of any previous publications, including online and in literary or other magazines
- Details of any competition successes
- At least two comparable titles i.e. books that have been published in the last five years that are similar in style, subject matter and/or readership
- A synopsis
- (for prose) A complete manuscript as a Word document
- (for graphic books) A sample PDF (no larger than 10MB) and a link to the complete work
We do not accept paper submissions and cannot return any material posted to us.
We try to look at every submission within a week of receipt in order to decide whether (a) one of us should read it or (b) it is clearly not suitable for Myriad. If your submission looks interesting, and if you’ve sent the information we’ve asked for (above), we’ll read at least a few chapters before deciding whether or not to continue.
We will be in touch within two months if your submission is of interest. During this two-month period, please only get in touch if you have an offer from another publisher or if you have signed up with a literary agent.
Please understand that we receive a huge volume of submissions. As much as we would like to respond to each and offer feedback, we simply don’t have the resources to do so. If you don’t hear from us within two months, please assume that your submission is unsuccessful. Please don’t be too disheartened. What is not right for one publisher may be exactly what another is looking for; please continue to submit your work to other publishers, and to agents, and look for other opportunities to publish.