Online voyeurism, risky sex, dementia, suicide, racism, murder and selling the earth: topical and contemporary issues dominate the shortlist for Myriad’s First Graphic Novel Competition and show that the graphic novel is very much alive and kicking in Lockdown 2020.
The prize-winning ‘reveal’ will be part of the Sunday events at this year’s virtual Lakes International Comic Art Festival (LICAF).
The live event will feature work from each of the MFGNC shortlisted artists, comments from all of the judges, and the winning artist announced by competition judge (and director of LICAF), Julie Tait.
2020 Myriad First Graphic Novel Competition shortlist:
• Denise Dorrance Polar Vortex
• Ed Firth Chillout
• Veronika Muchitsch Cyberman
• Pete Shearn Missing People
• Pietro Soldi Everything I Ever Knew Is on Earth
• Anthony Smith & Tobias Taitt Black
• Myfanwy Tristram Satin and Tat
You can read more about each of the shortlisted authors and their work over on the MFGNC page HERE.